[PVFS2-developers] CVS pvfs2-server server daemons crashing

Brian Haymore brian at chpc.utah.edu
Fri Jun 3 20:19:00 EDT 2005

Awsome work all!  My bonnie run completes now just fine.  I'm only using
bonnie 1.2 not the bonnie++ util.  I will turn the sytem over to our
apps people now for some more stress testing.  Again thank you all for
your efforts!

Robert Latham wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 05:01:39PM -0400, Pete Wyckoff wrote:
>>robl at mcs.anl.gov wrote on Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:44 -0500:
>>>Walt and I were talking and we figure there is probably more than one
>>>place with a bug of this class.   Is there a way to gaurantee we zero
>>>out every bit of these decoded requests?
>>To guarantee is kind of tough, you know.  I think we may be approaching
>>the last of the problems, though---as we get more people using native
>>64-bit machines that will take care of it.
> Ok, I've committed Pete's proposed fix to CVS.  Thanks Walt and Pete
> for all the help understanding what the request encoder/decoder is
> doing.
> Brian, i've only tested with bonnie++ so far (which is *still*
> creating files sequentially...).  Can you pull from cvs and try some
> of your tests again?  I'm only testing with a single (x86) client and
> single (opteron) server, and only testing through the VFS.
> ==rob

Brian D. Haymore
University of Utah
Center for High Performance Computing
155 South 1452 East RM 405
Salt Lake City, Ut 84112-0190
Phone: (801) 558-1150, Fax: (801) 585-5366