[Pvfs2-developers] PVFS2 release: pvfs2-1.5.0
slang at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 26 19:28:09 EDT 2006
The PVFS2 development team is pleased to announce PVFS2 1.5.0.
Notable changes in this release:
* Infiniband module supports OpenIB as well as Melanox.
* Optimized metadata access performance with a new metadata storage
* Better support for 64 bit platforms and 64bit/32bit mixed
* Epoll is enabled by default
* Optimizations for the TCP module: Allow socket buffer sizes
and window sizes to be changed dynamically.
* Support for linux kernels 2.6.16 and 2.6.17.
* Many internal improvements and bug fixes.
A more complete summary can be found in the ChangeLog.
Note that this release changes the storage format, so storage spaces
created with 1.4.0 or older must use the pvfs2-migrate-collection
utility after 1.5.0 has been installed. See the pvfs2 faq item for
Note also that this release changes the network protocol: when
upgrading, you'll have to ensure your clients and servers are
http://www.pvfs.org/pvfs2/download.html has all the download
information. The checksums for the tarball are as follows:
md5sum: 8b2bcd905fb24cdb2037b592d12d081b pvfs2-1.5.0.tar.gz
sha1sum: 20bf568ef844c2ff111df293d29fe8bb38f1de7e pvfs2-1.5.0.tar.gz
The PVFS2 development team
IRC: #pvfs2 on irc.freenode.net
More information about the Pvfs2-developers