[Pvfs2-developers] PVFS2 on the Playstation 3

Nathan Poznick kraken at wang-fu.org
Tue Feb 20 17:55:34 EST 2007

Though it's probably not much of a surprise, PVFS2 (user-space at least)
works fine and dandy on the Playstation 3.

http://z0g.org/pvfs2-ps3.png

It's running YDL 5 (basically Fedora 5) and things compiled and ran
without a hitch.  This is a far sight better than when I tried to
compile PVFS2 on the Playstation 2 Linux kit back in the day (I was
bitten by an ancient kernel and distribution, as well as the horrors of
little endian MIPS processors).

I haven't been able to try out the kernel module because the kernel
source included on the installer DVD (2.6.17) doesn't match the installed
kernel version (2.6.16) - but I haven't given up on that yet.

Just thought I'd offer a random amusement for the afternoon.

--
Nathan Poznick <kraken at wang-fu.org>