[PVFS2-users] Multiple mount points

neillm at mcs.anl.gov neillm at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 1 11:13:38 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 09:10:35AM +0200, Henry Leyh wrote:
> Reading your answer made me think (at last :-)  I used a sort of
> template file as pvfs2-fs.conf with both file systems having the same
> name 'pvfs2-fs' there.  After changing that and the ID, it is working
> now.  The background is, we are planning to install pvfs2 on all of our
> 80 cluster machines.  (Without redundancy in pvfs2, we don't like the
> idea of a single big file system on such a large number of hosts.)  So I
> would like to have some script creating the config files instead of
> using pvfs2-genconfig.

Great.  BTW, pvfs2-genconfig is very useful for generating valid
configurations for large clusters (or just several nodes within one).

There is an example of the multiple machine syntax used online at:

http://www.pvfs.org/pvfs2/pvfs2-quickstart.html#SECTION00051000000000000000

You could call pvfs2-genconfig from a script a couple of times to
create multiple file systems using any number of machines (as it also
has a non-interactive mode that takes command line arguments).

Best regards,
-Neill.