[PVFS2-users] Fedora Core 2 (AMD64) w/ v0.6.4 kernel modules

neillm at mcs.anl.gov neillm at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 10 18:10:42 EDT 2004

Hello Mike,

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 08:31:04PM -0400, Michael Hanulec wrote:
> Has anyone successfully gotten Fedora Core 2 for AMD64 to work w/ PVFS2??

No, not that I know of.

> [root at node08 root]# pvfs2-client -f -V
> pvfs2-client starting
> Spawning new child process
> Waiting on child with pid 2957
> About to exec pvfs2-client-core

Just to be sure, use the -p option to explcitly point to the proper
pvfs2-client-core like this:

pvfs2-client -f -V -p /usr/local/sbin/pvfs2-client-core (or wherever)

Also, make sure you have the pvfs2 module loaded *before* starting the
pvfs2-client.

If you're sure that all of the above is correct, I'll need some more
information.  Uncomment the following line in
src/kernel/linux-2.X/Makefile:

#EXTRA_CFLAGS += -DPVFS2_KERNEL_DEBUG

(by removing the '#' at the beginning)

Recompile the module (either run make in that dir, or make kmod &&
make kmod_install from the top-level).  Reload the module, restart the
client, and retry the mount.  If you can get all of that logged (it'll
dump info into dmesg and /var/log/messages), send it to me and we'll
see what's going on.

Best regards,
-Neill.