[PVFS2-users] PVFS2 install problem on cluster

Jason explore_zjx at 126.com
Wed Apr 13 17:28:17 EDT 2005

Hello,everyone,
  I installed PVFS2 on an 5 nodes cluster, one node(node3) acts as metadata server, other 4 nodes act as I/O servers. All the node's enviroment is the same.( Red hat 7.1, 2.4.2).
  I installed pvfs2 on another node too( acts as client), which its' enviroment is red hat 9.0(2.4.20), I want to access the PVFS2 through this node. But after I configured the client, I run ./pvfs2-ping -m /mnt/pvfs2, there are sth wrong. The system prompt is in the attached file. Please refer to. This file is linux office format.
   Anyone can give some suggestions? How to slove it?

   When the above problem appeared, I test the Pvfs2 on the cluster. Let node3 acts as client.
 mkdir /mnt/pvfs2
 touch /etc/pvfs2tab
 chmod a+r /etc/pvfs2tab
When I perform the command ./pvfs2-ping -m /mnt/pvfs2, there are some errors prompt.
  In the step 5, some messages are as follows:
   Error: bmi_tcp:connection refused
*** msgpair did not complete successfully. connection refused.
  tcp://nodeX is OK.

Is there anyone met the semillar problem? How to configure the cluster?

Thanks!

Jason
2005/4/13