[PVFS2-users] trying CVS version of Oct 1. (was: problem with
multiple mount points)
avp at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 5 15:18:09 EDT 2005
I tried and built a PVFS2 from CVS on x86-64, here are impressions and
1. Setup: dual Xeon processor machine running SLES9 with 2.6.5-7.97.smp
kernel from the distribution.
Existing pvfs2 file system on 6 servers arranged into three fs:
fsA0 at /data/0, 5TB on fs00 (meta + data)
fsA1 at /data/1, 10TB on fs01 (meta + data) and fs02 (data)
fsA2 at /data/2, 15TB on fs03 (meta + data), fs04 (data) and
2. The sources built almost clean, there were a few warnings about
using int and unsigned formats for size_t arguments, just to be safe, I
went through the sources and casted the arguement to int in all cases.
3. pvfs2-server started fine with the old configs on all servers.
4. Utilities programs (pvfs2-ping, pvfs2-statfs, pvfs2-cp and pvfs2-rm
were tested) work fine with multiple pvfs2 mounts. The only complaint
is that pvfs2-ping and pvfs2-statfs (I did not check other programs) do
not like the situation when some of the servers listed in pvfs2tab are
not running - in a situation when servers for fsA2 are down both
programs complain about this when ran with -m /data/0 or -m /data/1
5. The kernel module pvfs2.ko does not load. dmesg shows the following
pvfs2: Unknown symbol pvfs2_permission
This prevents test of pvfs2-client and fs operations.
Hope it helps,
More information about the PVFS2-users