[Pvfs2-users] [Fwd: [MPICH2 Req #3034] mpich2 + pvfs2 Configure Error : C compiler cannot create executables]

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 1 12:23:47 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 09:33:10AM -0600, Rob Ross wrote:
> Forwarded from MPICH2 bug list; looks like the crypto libs again.
>
> Can we just remove the use of the crypto stuff for now? Seems like it
> causes more trouble than it is worth at the moment.

Removing the crypt libs would solve this particular problem, but not
the more general problem of bringing in all the necessary libraries
for things that link to libpfs2.a.  Had Ekkow been trying to use GM or
Infiniband, he'd have a similar problem.

The more general solution is to make use of our 'pvfs2-config' tool,
which we've had for ages and which I've also (finally) added to ROMIO
a few weeks back.  mpich2-1.0.5 will have this.

==rob

--
Rob Latham