[Pvfs2-users] metadata problems with pvfs-2.6.0

Murali Vilayannur murali.vilayannur at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 13:36:25 EST 2006

Hi Vikrant,
Do all these machines bind to the same NIS domain/group/server?
Is it possible that your uids/gids etc dont match up on all the
different machines?
We have had this problem that servers would rely on NIS to set things
up correctly which Sam has fixed in HEAD. I am not sure if that is
what you are seeing here.. could be wrong though..
What distro/version of berk db/kernel version are you running? Do you
see anything on the client-kernel logs or the server logs
(pvfs2-server.log)? Are all the machines 32 bit or 64 bit or a
mixture?
There is something really wrong on your setup..something as simple as
this should work.
BTW: are you using IB or can this problem be repro'ed with tcp as well?
thanks for the reports!
Murali