[Pvfs2-users] latest CVS and linux kernel 2.6.26

Ryuta Suzuki suzu0037 at aem.umn.edu
Tue Aug 5 01:14:21 EDT 2008

pvfs2-ping seems to work fine:

[ryuta at oroppas]$ pvfs2-ping -m /mnt/pvfs2

(1) Parsing tab file...

(2) Initializing system interface...

(3) Initializing each file system found in tab file: /etc/fstab...

   PVFS2 servers: tcp://oroppas:3334
   Storage name: pvfs2-fs
   Local mount point: /mnt/pvfs2
   /mnt/pvfs2: Ok

(4) Searching for /mnt/pvfs2 in pvfstab...

   PVFS2 servers: tcp://oroppas:3334
   Storage name: pvfs2-fs
   Local mount point: /mnt/pvfs2

   meta servers:
   tcp://oroppas:3334

   data servers:
   tcp://oroppas:3334

(5) Verifying that all servers are responding...

   meta servers:
   tcp://oroppas:3334 Ok

   data servers:
   tcp://oroppas:3334 Ok

(6) Verifying that fsid 1755032091 is acceptable to all servers...

   Ok; all servers understand fs_id 1755032091

(7) Verifying that root handle is owned by one server...

   Root handle: 1048576
     Ok; root handle is owned by exactly one server.

The PVFS2 filesystem at /mnt/pvfs2 appears to be correctly configured.