[Pvfs2-users] compiling kernel module of pvfs2.7.1pre and RHEL4 kernel 2.6.9-55 - red hat

Pete Wyckoff pw at osc.edu
Mon Jan 28 16:28:12 EST 2008

murali.vilayannur at gmail.com wrote on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:17 -0800:
> Pete and I checked in a bunch of fixes to get pvfs2 kmod to work
> on recent kernels.. I am not sure if they were checked into pete's osd trunk
> or to the main CVS head.. Pete?
> If you are able to build pvfs2 kmod from HEAD without any compile time warnings
> it should work just fine after loading..there have been a few dcache
> related bugs that Phil and Sam have nailed down and hence it is
> probably a good idea to try CVS head anyways.

I stuck all your changes into HEAD on 11 jan.  There's more fixes
in there too that are quite nice to have.

Just for those who don't know, the OSD tree is a very scary place
for an object storage research project some of us are working on.
It's hidden in a non-public SVN here at OSC.  I put good changes up
into PVFS CVS HEAD then pull them back into OSD SVN.

		-- Pete