[Pvfs2-users] Problem with NFS + PVFS2 + OpenMPI

Davi Vercillo C. Garcia davivercillo at gmail.com
Thu May 29 15:24:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to run my program in my environment and some problems are
happening. My environment is based on PVFS2 over NFS (PVFS is mounted
over NFS partition), OpenMPI and Ubuntu. My program uses MPI-IO and
BZ2 development libraries. When I tried to run, a message appears:

File locking failed in ADIOI_Set_lock. If the file system is NFS, you
need to use NFS version 3, ensure that the lockd daemon is running on
all the machines, and mount the directory with the 'noac' option (no
attribute caching).
[campogrande05.dcc.ufrj.br:05005] MPI_ABORT invoked on rank 0 in
communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD with errorcode 1
mpiexec noticed that job rank 1 with PID 5008 on node campogrande04
exited on signal 15 (Terminated).

Why ?!

--
Davi Vercillo Carneiro Garcia

Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
Departamento de Ciência da Computação
DCC-IM/UFRJ - http://www.dcc.ufrj.br

"Good things come to those who... wait." - Debian Project

"A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open
windows." - Linus Torvalds

"Há duas coisas infinitas, o universo e a burrice humana. E eu estou
em dúvida quanto o primeiro." - Albert Einstein