[Pvfs2-users] PVFS2 / OrangeFS single-thread read/write performance?

Patrick J. LoPresti lopresti at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:07:20 EST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Kyle Schochenmaier <kschoche at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've seen 1GB/s+ using dated disks/hardware on the pvfs2-Infiniband
> interface for single clients.

Hi, Kyle.  Thank you for the information; that is very interesting!

However, I probably should have specified "over TCP/IP" in my message
:-).  Despite the difficulties in getting full bandwidth out of
10GigE, the cost difference with IB is too big for me to ignore, I am
afraid.

Still, this is very promising information.  Enough to convince me that
it is worth trying OrangeFS in a prototype.

Thanks again.

 - Pat